Does teething make my baby's ears sensitive?

She's getting some back teeth in. Could that be why her ears are so sensitive? She doesn't have an ear infection, but she's digging at them a lot lately.

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 8:36 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Health

• Yes!!! Everything in the jaw is connected. Connected to the ears, connected to the full jaw, connected to the head...etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:42 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• yes, have you given her anything to munch on? i found pizza crust worked for my kids.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:37 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:38 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• could be.. maybe an allergy? i took my daughter to an ear nose and throat specialist not only did she have congestion issues, but an ear infection(that was not detected earlier by the pedi) and she had allergy . turns out the doctor thinks mango, bananas and strawberries cause allergies that affect the ears.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 8:38 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• yes..i know when my wisdom teeth were breaking through i had an earache..the oral surgeon told me that the nerves can make you have an earache and even make the other side of your mouth hurt
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:40 AM on Aug. 25, 2010