my baby doesnt roll over

the doctor says that by now my baby should be rolling over by now, shes 2 and 1/2 months. she doesnt roll eith from stomach to back or the other way. should i be worried. when did your babies start rolling??

leksismommy

Asked by leksismommy at 11:39 AM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby is just barely 2 months and rolled over ONCE but I think it was on accident cuz he hasn't done it since. I didn't think they were supposed to start rolling over until 3+ months, I could be wrong though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Remember, doctors know EVERYTHING and nothing!! They are giving you information based on AVERAGES, not based on YOUR child. My son rolled over once at 2.5 weeks (it was a freak incident) and then not again until he was 5 months old! My daughter rolled over at 4.5 months. Both are in the normal range.
    I did take care of a baby in daycare that didn't roll over or crawl until he was over a year old (lord knows we tried every day to get him to roll over or crawl). Doctor said there was nothing wrong with him, he was just lazy. Around age 2, he stared walking and took off after that. All babies are different!! Don't aim too high or you will be disapointed. Just take each day as it comes!!
    son_and_moon

Answer by son_and_moon at 11:45 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Oh my - my son started rolling at 3 weeks old - I went in & saw him on his belly sucking his thumb!

From then on... he wouldn't sleep on his back at all! He always had to sleep on his belly!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:46 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My daughter just rolled over for the first time last Friday. She is almost 4 months old. The doctor says she is perfectly healthy.
    AliMom714

Answer by AliMom714 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My son didnt start rolling over until he was 4 months old. doctors dont know hardly anything. your child will roll over when ready to. just like crawling when they are ready they will. my son was almost 8 months old when he started to crawl, but now he is 10months old and walking. just give your child plenty of tummy time, and help them in learning to roll over and whatever it is they need to learn next. good luck and dont listen to everything the doctors say.
    mybabychunk

Answer by mybabychunk at 12:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My son is almost 4 months and he just started to roll about half way
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 12:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My son didn't roll over until around 5 months. There's nothing wrong with her not rolling yet. My son is perfectly normal, crawling, pulling up on things, & trying to walk at 9 months. All babies do things at their own time.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 12:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• all children and babies are different when its her time she'll roll over and then watch out from there it doesn't mean anything is wrong or you need to worry when she's ready she'll roll
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I have three daughters and none of them rolled over until they were about three to four months.
    Laura131

Answer by Laura131 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• my son is almost 3mths old and only goes up on his sides. I don't think that there is anything wrong. my pediatrician didn't even ask me if he rolled over at his next appointment. Most of my kids rolled over all the way by the 4th month at the earliest.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2008