HOW COME MY 2 1/2 YR. OLD DAUGHTER WON'T DRINK MILK FROM ANY OTHER CUP ? SHE HAS TO HAVE IT IN HER BOTTLE.

I JUST PUT ALL HER BOTTLES AWAY & PUT MILK IN THESE SMALL "WATER BOTTLES" WITH A PUSH UP CAP & SHE WON'T TOUCH IT !!!!!! ANY SUGGESTIONS ?

KRYS0673

Asked by KRYS0673 at 8:52 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just keep offering the cup for the milk. she will catch on that it's her only option eventually.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:53 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• ocd-ish? Some kids like mine are very regimented and have to have things just so. Its annoying, I know.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:55 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• my boys were on the bottle till 2 and then one day i went to walmart and they have character sippy cup/bottles with juice in em but they are reusable and food stamps pays for em and that's what helped us make the switch otherwise just offer water in a bottle and milk in a cup. good luck
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 8:57 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Throw the bottles away. Then she will have to drink from something else.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• this happened to me too when i got rid of the bottles.. my dd refused to drink milk in anything other then her bottle. she didn't drink milk for 2 yrs. she's now 5 and loves drinking milk. i had to supplement with other diary products when milk wasnt an option. i hope it works out better. good luck.
    DNR

Answer by DNR at 9:03 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Humans don't need to drink cow's milk. Toddlers should drink water. Get rid of the bottles and the milk.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:10 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Leave it. Milk is *one* healthy food to choose from... if she doesn't drink milk for a week or two (or ever again), she'll be fine... and the association between milk and the bottles will fade.

It is uncommon, worldwide, for humans to drink other mammals' milks --cheese and yogurt are pretty common, but drinking milk past weaning is not. Drinking milk daily after weaning is impossible for people in most of the world, because most dairy animals do not give milk year 'round, but only until their young wean...

You can feed dairy in a wide variety of forms, from milk-based soups to pudding, so even if you persist in the belief that all human children must eat cow's (or sheep or goat or yak or donkey or oxen) milk every single day, drinking it is only one way to deliver it to your daughter's body.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:11 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Because you left her on bottles way too long and now shes attatched. Throw them away, then she doesnt have a choice. Has she seen a dentist? The prolonged use of bottles may be rotting her teeth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My pediatrician said whole milk once he turned one year old so I don't understand the vitriol against milk. My 14 month old is still using the bottle, we're trying to figure out how to ease him to the sippy cup for the milk - he already uses the sippy cup for water.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 1:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Have you tried a different sippy for milk? My first was a bit picky. He took juice in a sippy at 6 months and still had milk in his bottle. When I tried to get him to take milk from a sippy he REFUSED. Then it hit me.. try a different style cup. In our case, he didn't want milk from a sippy because that was his juice cup. I switched to a different type of cup and he did just fine. In the end I had one kind of cup just for juice and one kind of cup just for milk. I didn't have to do that for very long either. Not sure if it will work for yours or not but it may be worth a shot.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 1:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2010