s/o Could you pass the GED?

http://www.4tests.com/exams/examdetail.asp?eid=38

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:01 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 9:02 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Probably not if it had algebra on it. LOL
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:03 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Anyone who can cope with the material in grade 8 can pass the GED. It's why employers look at it as the 'handicapped diploma.'
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 9:03 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I bet I forgot alot of the stuff. Most of us do. I think sometimes we get taught a bit too much. Maybe they need to adjust to people's fields of interests more like they do in colleges where you pick majors, etc.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:04 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yep! I sure could. In fact, I did, then I went onto college where I passed college Algebra. It was a pain but it can be done if you study.

Answer by gemgem at 9:06 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I didn't take the test but historically, i do well on standardized tests. If the math went beyond quadratic equations i would be in trouble.

I took the citizenship test and did not pass which was pretty embarassing because i have a BA in Poli Sci. Maybe i am just not a real american.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:08 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My HS diploma, two college degrees, and two National Certifications says that it is not required.
    What's your point? That it's hard?
    Again....google the employment and salary stats...a GED pays squat. And money is a necessity in this world. Just being able to say that you passed a hard ( or not hard) GED doesn't pay the bills. Reality bites.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:09 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Anyone who can cope with the material in grade 8 can pass the GED

You obviously didn't bother to click the link and look at any of the questions. That is not 8th grade material.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 9:10 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• google the employment and salary stats

I did - I gave you a link, go read it
    NotPanicking

• I would probably pass in some areas, but not all. The test is more difficult than some realize. Many recent high school grads would not pass it and most of us couldn't without some review before taking the test.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 9:35 AM on Aug. 25, 2010