If I wanted to cut my time short? (walking/jogging)

Ok I have been walking for 5 months now I walk 3 miles in 1 hr. If I were to jog the 3 miles instead I know I can knock it out quick. I just want to get it over with. do you think it would be ok to jog in less time oppose to walking and really hanging around longer? Thanks!
Sometimes I can get into it and there are times I don't feel like doing it, but I push myself...ugh!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Health

• Yes, jogging will be more beneficial anyway since it gets your heart rate up more than just walking.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:24 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Jogging is much more beneficial than walking. In order to lose weight or even be fit, you need to keep your heart rate elevated for 30 minutes or more at each workout.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:31 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• jogging is better - just work yourself up to it so you don't hurt your knees!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 9:34 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Jogging and running are harder on your joints than just walking. Yes, you'll finish sooner, but you're also putting tons more pressure on your knees with each footfall. You actually only need 30 minutes of cardio each workout session. Try walking faster; you'll cover more mileage and still get the great cardio effects. If you're walking on a treadmill, try walking at 3.5 or 3.8 mph.
    hepmommy

Answer by hepmommy at 9:50 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• yes - less jogging equals the same amount of walking - even if you do the same distance you will get more of a workout from the jog... also if you do intense bursts of sprints or just walking super fast that helps to not let your body relax and you will get a better work out for your time.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2010