What should I do?

Oh, my... My dd (11) just started her period last month and this month I've noticed she is such a 'bearcat'. I can hardly stand it. She is more... mouth, sarcastic, short than usual and this morning at the bus stop she "just leave me alone" and was so... owly and teary. Did anyone/has anyone had this problem w/their girl and what did/do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• welcome to the preteen years. it gets harder but sit down and have a chat as to what you expect from each other and back off a bit start letting her make her own choices. best of luck
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 9:14 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Fish oil supplements. It feeds the brain.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:32 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Welcome to PMS, my friend.
    Just give her some Midol.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:36 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I was reading some responses here and I like the response that said this “GIVE HER CHOCOLATE”.  Grin

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:53 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I have my very own bearcat here. Then the next wk she will be crying for you to hold and pet her. In a way it is kinda cute but in another way I know how she feels so I feel sad for her. Let me know what helps u.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:18 AM on Aug. 25, 2010