What can I do?

Oh, my... My dd (11) just started her period last month and this month I've noticed she is such a 'bearcat'. I can hardly stand it. She is more... mouth, sarcastic, short than usual and this morning at the bus stop she "just leave me alone" and was so... owly and teary. Did anyone/has anyone had this problem w/their girl and what did/do you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Health

• My oldest DD didn't get her period until she was 13, and only now, at the age of 17, do I notice she turns into an ass during that time. lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:16 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It could be her hormones but do have a talk with her don't yell or jump to conclusions just listen to what she has to say. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:19 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• can 11 year olds take midol? ;o)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:23 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Oh the joys of hormones! I gave my daughter Midol :o)
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 9:33 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My daughters got their periods when they were about 14 but they were sassy and pouty beofre then and still are at age 40 and 42. LOL. Daughters are just emotional and difficult,I think. :-) Midol really doesn't help with bad cramps and all that. Ibuprofen does.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:39 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i was like that as a teen, kinda grew out of it, you could get her on seasonique. that is a BC pill but allows you to only have your period 4 times a year so she would only get like that 4 times a year. if you arent ready for that try pamprin - it is a painkiller for pms that has mood relief. i work with kids and our school goes to 8th grade and most girls that age either get mean or cry often when they have hormone changes. they arent used to it yet.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My 11 year just start her period.And she is so crankie
    ayneka

Answer by ayneka at 6:37 PM on Sep. 23, 2010