calling dcf on family????

If you knew for 100..ONE HUNDRED percent that your neices or nephews were being mentally and physically abused..(under age 11)by theier parents (one biological..one boyfriend!) Would you take the leap and call abuse hotline?? Or is it none of your business???

peachface21

Asked by peachface21 at 9:14 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• It's the law that you have to call if you know a child is being neglected or abused.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:17 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• CALL ASAP!!!! It is about the kids, who cares if it's your sibling.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:17 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• uhm both, depends on the specifics of the situation. If I knew there were lives at stake, maybe. Its a tough call. And you'd need some hard evidence to cover yourself (like video and witnesses).
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:17 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• CALL!

I wish someone would have called for me before I got the shit beat out of me by my step dad, before I was molested and made to feel like a huge fatty who was stupid as a box of bricks even though I was taking and passing advanced classes, etc. If someone had seen what was going on and have called I may not be as sad and deressed as I am now and I may not have almost committed suicide.

PLEASE CALL!

Children die every day from people "minding their own business".
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:24 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• No Zoey you don't have to have video and witnesses. I called on my sister... all you need is your word.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:25 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If I ever saw that with my own eyes, someone would get punched in the face. Yea, call. Don't be afraid for your little family members, you can tell dfc that they can stay with you, and you better take them because you called and they dont need to end up with some strange people.

Yea, get some evidence, like a nanny cam or something.
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:25 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• On the phone now in tears ..all i needed was to see these answers ....you guys are great..THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
    peachface21

Comment by peachface21 (original poster) at 9:28 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• CALL! I would make the call in a heartbeat. I wouldn't even hesitate. As much as I love my brother and sister, they are both adults. If I suspected for one minute that their children were being abused, I would call DCS. Not only is it a legal obligation, but I couldn't live with myself if something happened to one of my nieces or nephews just because I refused to make a phone call.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:32 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• CALL! I don't care if it's family or the kid down the street. NO CHILD should ever be ignored when there's suspected or known abuse. Always call, always investigate!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:35 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Umade the right choic to save that childslife
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 9:36 AM on Aug. 25, 2010