Can people be saved after the rapture occurs?

I know many people do not believe in Jesus Christ and some dont believe in God at all. But I know that when Jesus comes back and we are all raptured up many unbelievers will want to be saved. Some theologians state that God has already revealed himself to everyone. It was instilled in us when we were born. So when the Rapture occurs unbelievers will be unable to state that they were ignorant but that they just simply HATED God and Jesus his son. Is this true? Will they have a chance to repent after the rapture?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 9:19 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I was always taught that there will be the initial coming and then a seven day period for those left behind to repent and then that would be it. But I still think according to Matthew it should have already happened. So I really have my doubts that it will.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:23 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• many unbelievers will want to be saved.

You are mistaken in your belief that just because we would be proven wrong, that we would still accept, worship and want to spend all eternity with your God. If I die and there is a God or if there is a Rapture, I will stand by the reasons I've not believed and will not EVER bow to the God of the Bible. Why? because I don't find him worthy of my love or praise and I'll have no problem standing before him and  telling him those reasons.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:25 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I cannot WAIT to see how the Christians rationalize it when nothing happens and we're all still here on New Years Day 2013. They always have an excuse readily available. I dunno I'd think after the first few times they got proven wrong, people would have doubts.

I mean they insisted not all that long ago that the world was flat, the center of the universe and that the sun orbited the Earth. Even tortured people who didn't agree with em and called them heretics. But turns out the heretics were right, yet Christianity goes on strong despite their huge blunders in logic. So I gotta figure when 2012 comes and goes... it'll just be another "Welll, the Bible says....blah blah"... uh-huh Shaddup! LOL
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:26 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• there's plenty of other very established religions that don't feel anything will happen and they'll been around alot longer than Christianity has. Why are they wrong just because they differ in their beliefs (which are lot older). In the business world, people tend to differ to the employees with more experience and time in, in which case Christianity is just the new kid on the block.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:29 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Zoeyis, I don't know where you got that ALL Christians think that the rapture is happening in 2012. The Bible states that man does not know the time of when it will take place. That always makes me think that when these people think they have it figured out and it will happen on a certain date then it will not.

To answer the question - those who did NOT hear of the gift of salvation before the rapture will then be able to hear it and be able to accept if they chose. Those who have heard it and rejected it will not have a second chance.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 9:31 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I do not believe in pretrib rapture. For me, I see too may scriptures that talk about "us" christians going through tribulation. A lot of people try to separate "tribulation" and "the tribulation" , but In most cases to me they are synonomous. I believe we will see tribulation, as we are already seeing it, but that we are not meant for the "wrath of God" which occurs after the tribulation. There is much that we are not told. The Word says we "see in part" because we could not handle it all. That question to me, is unanswered. I believe that God wants all saved and will give each of us every opportunity to be saved. It may take the rapture to open up the eyes of many. There will be a span of time between the rapture and the "wrath of God". Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
    HelenCarlene

Answer by HelenCarlene at 9:34 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• @ ZoeyThe bible doesnt say that the world will end in 2012. It says that no one knows. So the fact that everyone thinks that it will be 2012 lets me know that it wont be that date.

@IhartU The bible does state: Philippians 2:10-11 (New International Version) that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 9:36 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I'm a Christian and I don't think the world is ending in 2013, since when do all Christians believe that? Not sure where that came from and how all Christians got lumped into that category.,.,.. anyway, I believe that the rapture will happen where all Christians will be taken up, then there will be the tribulation period for those left, and many unbelievers will come to Christ, but they will have to endure years of tribulation from the non-believers, they will be tortured, and persecuted for their belief, and murdered if they don't bear the mark of the beast. So,it's just a lot easier to believe and live a Christian life now than to go through all that. There are so many blessings that come from leading a Christian life, so sad some will never experience the life, blessings, joy we were meant to have.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:37 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• A better question is ... "is the idea of pre-trib rapture Biblical?" There is plenty of Scripture to back up the fact that the church will be raptured, but ZERO Scripture identifying a time period other than at the Day of Judgment.

As for IhartU's statement .... she is absolutely right. Those who have chosen to reject God have no desire to be in Heaven with Him. And why would they? Believers will spend an eternity praising and worshiping God. There choice is to spend an eternity in hell rather than worshiping God because of how hostile their hearts are towards Him. The verse in Philippians that you mention doesn't imply that non-believers will suddenly believe and be saved, but rather, that non-believers will have no choice but declare the lordship of Christ. However by that time, it will be too late for conversions.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Oh ... and I don't believe the world will end in Dec 2012. The Mayans didn't believe this either ... their Calendar said that a significant change would take place, but not that the world would end. The Bible says that we don't know when Christ will return; Christ even said that He doesn't know - only the Father knows.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 9:46 AM on Aug. 25, 2010