does any mommy had or will have a home birth?

if so what do you do during the pregnancy to get ready. what are the procedures you need to take, do you go to a regular ob for your prenatal? ive never had one and i would like to get a little more educated on this home birth thing for maybe # 3 what are the good and bad?

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 9:24 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Home birth is easier in some states than others. There may be MDs, DOs, PAs, CNMs, LMs, or lay midwives that do home births. Usually they come to your home to do your prenatal care. They may have you see a back-up doctor. This is the doctor that would deliver the baby if you had to go to the hospital. Home birth is a good choice if you are healthy and understand the birth process. It's not a good choice for moms that don't take care of themselves and are looking for a cheap birth.

Sheila Kitzinger's book on Home birth is really good. You can watch videos on YouTube.

http://www.sheilakitzinger.com/Homebirth.htm

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I almost had a home birth. I ended up going to the hospital about an hour before birth. It was difficult in my state to have a home birth. My midwife was arrested when I was about 8 mo. I was going to have an unassisted home birth (1983). I lived 5 min from hospitals and we were prepared for emergencie. I had been in labor for 2 days and had the flu. I was vomiting blood and we were afraid I was dehydrated. The baby's heart rate was OK but I talked with my MD and I went to the hospital. I didn't need an IV and the MD let me squat over the hospital bed and have the baby all by myself in a darkened LDR room. No nurses, just the MD and my husband across the room. We went home in about 2 hours.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:49 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I plan on it if I am living in Texas by then. There is a Midwife with a birthing center there, if you are in the counties surrounding her, you go to her for all your visits except the last one, then you have baby at home and she pretty much has everything needed. If I still live an hour from her in Louisiana, I will drive to her practice and have baby there.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:57 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I plan to have a homebirth but Im in the UK so don't knw what kind of support there is available for you but what I would say is make a birth plan as you may have done with your previous children but keep open minded that you can be sent into hospital at anytime if things aren't going great, seen so many women upset they had thier hearts set on homebirth and didn't consider the possibilities that sometimes things don't do to plan! Wishing you well x
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 10:12 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• lol my bad it was supose to be has any mommy had or will have lol i been having a very wierd morning lol
    Alejandra10

Comment by Alejandra10 (original poster) at 9:25 AM on Aug. 25, 2010