If your kid stays home from school sick, do you let them have a play date that evening?

Am I just crazy? My son was sick on the first day of school the other day. After school, the little boy down the street called to see if he could play. While he was feeling better at that time, thanks to some Tylenol, I told him no, that if you are home sick, you can't play that evening. Well, come to find out, that same kid went home from school sick that day, and grandma was going to let him come down to my house to play! What are your rules about this?

jjamom

Asked by jjamom at 9:30 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• To sick to go to school, to sick to play.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:32 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If you're home sick, then that's just it - you are home. If you're well enough (and not contagious enough) to go out and play with friends, you are well enough to go to school.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:32 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• When I was a kid we couldn't do anything if we stayed home sick. We couldn't even walk down to the gas station for a soda. Regardless if we were feeling 100% better or not, we stayed home .. we stay home.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:32 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• nope... to sick for school = too sick for friends
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:32 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I always wait 24 hours after their last fever to let them play, go to school, etc...
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:33 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I have the same rule as you. If my son is too sick for school, he is too sick to be up playing.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:33 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Too sick for school, too sick for visitors and friends.

BUT, I will let them play outside if they want to... in our own yard... with no visitors. I figure being outdoors is good for them. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:34 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Can't take going to school, can't take going out to play
    van5

Answer by van5 at 9:34 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• no
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:34 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• no thats not fair to the other kids (and adults) that aren't sick
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:36 AM on Aug. 25, 2010