Would you use pink baby gear for a boy? Not a stroller...

Pack N' Play, bouncy seat and swing. They are in great shape my daughter is only 2. I have a black stroller and car seat so that's fine. But would you use the pink things? If I have a boy. I might be pregnant now. Just thinking ahead bc I do not want a 2nd baby shower.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• It's not like you're putting him in a dress. Those are things that you have in your house that most people will not see. And even if you do have a boy, it's not like he will know the difference between pink and blue. All that he knows is that he is safe and comfortable and that is the most important thing. My oldest two were 19 months apart; my first was a girl and my second was a boy. I didn't have a second shower and just made do with what I had. It was ALOT cheaper that way. Good luck!!

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:44 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• yeah,just cover with a blanket if you take pics so he doesn't look at them later in life and scream at you for putting him in a pink swing! lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I personally wouldn't.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:48 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I don't see why not. Maybe you could even dye them black to match your other things or darken the colors so that they can be used for a boy.

Another option is to sell them if they are in great condition and buy boy stuff from someone else. Craigslist is great! :) Or Ebay!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:49 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• yes I would. those are things that arent really going out into public for people to get confused on his gender. Plus if it really bothers you, pack n plays and bouncers have alot of mesh and not too much color so you could always cover the pink up with some blue fabric and velcro
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:49 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I have never seen the problem but I've known people who go out and buy everything new again or guilt and badger their family and friends into another shower. If what you have is in good shape, use it. You're not talking about putting him in a pink dress and parading him all over town. My first was a boy. I kept everything then used it when my daughter was born. I thought it would be an incredible waste to rush out and buy new pink things. Some things I did buy, like clothes but everything else was just fine.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:57 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• if it really bothers you, you could recover them... the swing and bouncy seat would be pretty easy to do... the pack n play might be a bit tougher
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:50 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• No, but I hate pink, so I wouldn't have pink things in the first place.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:52 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes, I would use the things that weren't going to be seen in public.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Real men wear pink.

A color is just that, a color. It does not denote gender.

Personally, I didn't use a swing, or a pack & play (we kept one for overnights when the kids got older) because I wore them, and we coslept- But I had leftover baby clothes (gowns etc) from my DD and I used those when the boys came. Why not? It's just a color...
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2010