Could my 3 month old be teething?

He is constantly chewing on his hands and drooling and he's been very fussy lately. Isn't it too early to expect this?

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 9:48 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its possible, my niece got her teeth pretty early
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:48 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It's possible, 2 of my DDs got their teeth rather early. Definitely sounds like he might be.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:57 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Sounds like it. My daughter started at 3 months and her first tooth was in a 4 months. Congrats, Mama...your little man is getting big! :-)
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Possible, but not necessarily. My toothless 11 months old was born with her hands in her mouth. It could be a major 3month growth spurt
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:10 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• check the child's mouth for bumps with your finger, if you feel a tooth grats hes teething!, (my sister got her teeth early) if you don't feel any hard spots it might just be hes got an oral fixation at wants to know what everything feels like in his mouth.

and if he is teething and his mouth is a bit too small for toys, then just give him a cold wet wash cloth ^_^
    Lakoia

Answer by Lakoia at 12:05 PM on Aug. 25, 2010