How do i make my boyfriend do the dishes?

tiffanymoore

Asked by tiffanymoore at 12:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• easy stop doing them... he'll have to wash one eventually... or box them all up and put paper plates and silverware in your cupboards
    SLVN_Jen

Answer by SLVN_Jen at 12:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Ask him. This should be simple... my DH does them a lot.... and so do I.... we share the responsibilities... Tell him straight.....
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I learned a trick that actually works!!! Your actually suppose to do it with kids but it works with SO's too!!! Ha! Give them two options to do. Example: "Would you like to feed the baby or do the dishes?" Let him choose and you do the other one. He has to do one and you have to do the other. Make sure it's something you wouldn't mind doing either one of. My SO hates feeding our 8 month old (she's really messy, but I don't mind doing it) so he always picks the dishes and I get out of it!!! Good Luck!
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 12:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Tell him to do them or your not cooking anymore!!!!
    Connersmom9956

Answer by Connersmom9956 at 12:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I tried the stop doing them thing with my ex when he said "I'll do them tomorrow." I wanted to see how long it would take for him to actually do it. There were dishes everywhere through the house all over counters. The sink was full. you couldnt access the faucet for anything. Every single dish in the house was dirty. So he started eating things that didnt need a plate. I ended up doing them anyways. He was useless.
    But honey, you cannot put "make" and "boy, husband, etc" in the same sentence lol
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 12:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• thats simple just ask him... my boyfriend eats dinner here like every night if i cook he cleans and vice versa we dont live together but he knows that its a give and take thing i guess his momma raised him right ..lol
    puppet24

Answer by puppet24 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• good luck i can never get mine to do them either!
    IvysMommy331

Answer by IvysMommy331 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My hub will do them like if I'm dead sick! No, seriously, I'd rather do them myself. I'm a bit of a control freak that way.
    Mariagma3

Answer by Mariagma3 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I cook so I never do dishes. Seems to work for both of us.
    qtnik

Answer by qtnik at 5:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I don't know......my sons do the dishes, lol.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2008