Is it really bad to the a cat when you'r pregnet????

tiffanymoore

Asked by tiffanymoore at 12:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Pets

• its not the cat, it's the litter bow, if you have someone else to clean it your good... its the germs from teh box that can make you sick
    SLVN_Jen

Answer by SLVN_Jen at 12:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• U agree with SLVN_jen, it's the litter box. we kept our box in a back room and my hubby changed the litter. something in the cats poo makes the baby sick, thats another reason pedi's encourage you to not let your kids play in the sandbox at a park.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Agree with the other moms, it's the litter box not the cat. I didn't have anyone to change the box while I was pregnant so I talked to my doc about it and she told me how I could do it safely.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Problem is the poop in the litterbox because cats can carry a disease called toxoplasmosis which can harm your fetus. Have someone else scoop out the box every day. Cats get blamed all the time but be carefull when handeling raw meat because you can also get it that way. If you garden outside, wear gloves and wash well in case a cat has pooped there.
    natesmom67

Answer by natesmom67 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• just have someone else take care of the litter box. also if its an outdoor cat, make sure if you do any gardening outside, always wear gardening gloves. do not let any doctor tell you that you have to get rid of your cat, just stay away (by that i mean-don't touch) dirty litter box. good luck
    seanesc5

Answer by seanesc5 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2008