Is there ANy chance of conception 6-7 days before ovulation?

We have only had sex once this last couple of weeks on the last day of my period cd3...I appear to have ovulated on cd9 (maybe). Has anyone gotten pregnant that long before ovulation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You HAVE to ovulate to get pregnant.

It is possible to ovulate before you are scheduled to but if you don't release an egg (ovulation) you will NOT have a chance to get pregnant.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:01 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• well...if you have not ovulated.. there is no egg to fertilize...
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:01 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• not likely. By the time the egg is released,the sperm will have died. They can live 3-4 days,but 6-7 is pushing it.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:03 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• The reason I say maybe is because I shouldn't ovulate for 3 more days but my temps have been up for 3 days so FF is saying I may have ovulated on Sunday...which is so confusing but at least it puts me ovulating closer to the one time I had intercourse this month.
    Darlah

Answer by Darlah at 10:07 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If you know for sure when you ovulated, and it was before you had sex, that's one thing. But, if you aren't sure, you should assume that you can get pregnant at any time during your cycle. Did you test to see when you ovulated?
    jjamom

Answer by jjamom at 10:10 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would have to say that if it's 6-7 days for sure before ovulation then it is not likely because I believe the longest sperm can live inside your body is 5 days, maybe not even that long. It is definitely a gray area but chances are not likely.
    AmeliasMommy206

Answer by AmeliasMommy206 at 10:10 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• No I don't use ovulation test and have only been temping for a couple of months....oh well I guess we'll see maybe I haven't o'd yet and we'll catch it tonight!
    Darlah

Answer by Darlah at 10:15 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I use basal body temperatures as well as my cervical mucus (gets wet and stretchy-egg white when I am at my most fertile time) and OPK's to help determine when I am getting closer to ovulation. Once, I take a OPK and it reads, positive, then I know that I have approx. 1-2 more days to 'try and concieve' as I am at my most fertile time and ovulation is going to happen. You will also notice low temps followed by a higher temp (once you HAVE ovulated). ONce you have at least 3 or more high temps in a row, you know for sure, that you have most likely ovulated and know that for that month, your babymaking intercourse is done for that month and you can just have fun until the next month! LOL!
    I am also new at charting all these signs and symptoms, so good luck to you!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 5:02 PM on Aug. 25, 2010