Do you RE-READ what you type?

Before the harpies start in on me...I understand that not everyone on here is fluent in English so some misspellings are understandable.

BUT, if you know how to spell "know" with a "K" then you also know that it ends with a "W" otherwise you would only spell it "no". Don't let me get started on all the extra periods. It seems like some questions are posted via phone (because I too get big fingered when texting) but you can also re-read what you type before you send.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 9:59 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Nope..sure don't. I don't really care if I misspell certain things..as long as it's not ridiculous.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:01 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Most of the time,yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:01 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Sometimes, the "extra periods" are known as an ellipsis. Ellipsis (plural ellipses; from the Greek: ἔλλειψις, élleipsis, "omission") is a mark or series of marks that usually indicate an intentional omission of a word in the original text. An ellipsis can also be used to indicate a pause in speech, an unfinished thought, or, at the end of a sentence, a trailing off into silence (aposiopesis) (apostrophe and ellipsis mixed). When placed at the end of a sentence, the ellipsis can also inspire a feeling of melancholy longing. The ellipsis calls for a slight pause in speech.
    The most common form of an ellipsis is a row of three periods or full stops (...) or pre-composed triple-dot glyph (…). The usage of the em dash (—) can overlap the usage of the ellipsis.
    The triple-dot punctuation mark is also called a suspension point, points of ellipsis, periods of ellipsis, or colloquially, dot-dot-dot.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:02 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Always. And it bugs the heck out of me when others don't.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:03 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I usually re-read my answers/posts before I submit.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:04 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I do, and I always use spell check too:)     (Too, as in also, not to or two.) lol

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:04 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I try to but sometimes I do still send a mistake. I sometimes will then copy my answer and repost it and fix my errors. And I think I know who you are talking about because you have to decypher what she is saying and it makes my eyes want to cross. Seen any butterfly's lately that weren't blue19? lol
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:04 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• no, not usually. I try to get what i wanted to say out before someone else says it before me =) i want credit for saying it first..just in case someone else has great thoughts like me =)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:04 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I am the same way Shay! lol, Glad to see I'm not alone!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:06 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I try but at times I haven’t had enough coffee and not fully awake.Grin WINK

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:08 AM on Aug. 25, 2010