Wedding Gift Ideas

I am looking for a creative/unique gift idea for a wedding. Maybe even a homemade gift? Any suggestions?

Ibulili

Asked by Ibulili at 10:03 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Holidays

• A couple of ideas: There are some ceremic plates you can purchase with a special marker to have everyone sign, I believe it says "Wedding Day" and a picture of a bride and groom are on it.
    2) YOu can make a layered wedding cake out of towels and washcloths, you can hide little decorative soaps inside.
    3)Using a little detective work, find out what the bride has planned for flowers, and recreate her wedding bouquet or centerpieces in a silk floral arrangement or grapevine wreath. For a special touch, purchase a small set of battery operated craft lights to weave among the flowers. If your detective work has been unsuccessful, don't worry: The flowers don't necessarily have to coordinate with the wedding. A seasonal arrangement or anything pretty for the home will be just as lovely.
    4) Make a set of hand-stamped thank-you cards.

cuteasabutton78

Answer by cuteasabutton78 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I have embroidered a throw blanket with their names and wedding date....or his and her throw blankets. I've embroidered aprons that say Mr. Name Here, and Mrs. Name Here, with matching dishtowels that say The Last Name Here's Kitchen.

My husband likes to get wood toilet seats, and go to things remembered and have name plates engraved with their names and wedding date....but I think they better have a good sense of humor for that one.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:49 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Well this is what I am doing for a wedding that we are attending in a week...
    I went online and found the brides wish lists at the stores, browsed them and found
    that mostly all of the items were taken so I got creative and bought a beautiful wicker basket
    for 4.00 new... and got the bathrooms and kitchen colors from the brides mom...
    the basket has kitchen gadgets in it along with hand towels, wash clothes, large candles colors of the rooms...
    and a gift card for dinner for 2... these are things ppl don't normally think to give like at a baby shower
    you normally wouldn't get safety pins, baby powder, etc... little things that they will use daily...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i love doing fun baskets. one i did was a picnic basket full of fun picnic things. i have also done a pizza basket. pizza trays aprons and all the things that go with it for pizza.ive also done a movie basket.get a basket and make or buy a cool fleece blanket open it up and set it in the bottom. fill it wiht fun movies (even good wedding ones) snacks pop corn soda those types of things then use the rest of the blanket and tie it at the top so it wraps around the stuff. good luck
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 9:30 PM on Aug. 26, 2010