Could these be contractions? adult content

I am 35 weeks today, I got up this morning to go pee and my stomach felt really hard and tender up top and my upper sides of my stomach were tight and hurting , and sorry tmi, but I had like a burning/pinching sensation in my butt to my vagina, it wasn't actually too bad at first just slightly painful and I felt the need to clinch up and relax at the same time, it didn't hurt at all when I first got up :/ but as soon as I stood up I felt it. So I went to lay back down and it got really bad like I had to put myself in an awkward position to try to make it better and the burning feeling got really bad I almost started crying, and then like 10 seconds later it went away and it was relieving, I almost sighed :) I almost thought it could be gas but I've never felt it like that before so im not sure and I've never felt Braxton hicks So I have no clue, any ideas on what it could have been?

Kriss.

Asked by Kriss. at 10:04 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like contractions to me.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:05 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Time it...how long is the pain lasting and how often is it coming, is it a regular pattern and is it getting worse as this would indicate contractions rather than braxton hicks. Ring a doc for advice maybe? good luck :)
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 10:09 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It hasn't happened again, so could it have been reallybaf Braxton hicks, what would make it come on of a sudden like that?
    Kriss.

Comment by Kriss. (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It sounds like contractions, and unlike braxton hicks (which are practice contractions that don't cause changes) it sounds like you may have some changes going on like dilating or effacing. I think I would call the doctor, to be on the safe side.
    jjamom

Answer by jjamom at 10:13 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Nothing makes them happen, you're just getting closer to your due date. Your body has to prepare itself for the real thing.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:14 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I tried it lasted about 20 seconds and it only happeed once, I sure hope it doesn't happen again :/ thanks for the help :)
    Kriss.

Comment by Kriss. (original poster) at 10:30 AM on Aug. 25, 2010