Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to do when the girlfriend takes your ex and your child to where she grew up?

He has been dating a woman for almost six months. He says he is not serious. He is not dating anyone else and yet he does not think she is getting serious when she took him to where she grew up. He failed to tell me he was going out of town with my child and his girlfriend. What are signs the relationship is getting serious? Yes they have had sex. I am fine with him dating but want to handle myself in a respectable manner.

Answer Question

Asked by Jackie554 at 10:08 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

Level 2 (5 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • the only thing I would have a problem with is him taking your child out of town without notifying you... but that depends on your custody agreement. The rest is none of your business

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:10 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • It doesn't matter if they are getting serious for you unless she is a threat to your child. If she isn't then get over it. If he moves on, he moves on. If he is still stringing you along then you are a fool.

    Answer by Memigen at 10:11 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • he's your ex, so what he does is sorta his business at this point

    Answer by Zoeyis at 10:11 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • I would be mad about him taking my child out of town without my consent, but sounds like they might be getting serious. Maybe he doesn't want to admit they are serious in fear of hurting your feelings.


    Answer by shanlaree at 10:11 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • Shrug it off saying "he can live his life the way he wants to". Don't even bother thinking about it. As long as your child is safe when he/she is over there, that is all that matters. But, i would tell him that he has to let you know when he takes your child out of town. Technically, you can call the police on him if he does that.

    Answer by samurai_chica at 10:12 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • even if its his kid too?

    Answer by Zoeyis at 10:15 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • Its not really your business as to whether the relationship is serious or not.. & if the child was under his care at that time, he can take him/her places.

    Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:16 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • How far is out of town? Out of state is likely in violation of your custody, anywhere in state is more of a courteousy thing.

    Regardless of what he tells you (he may be trying to spare your feelings or not willing to admit that they are getting serious), it is a reality that he is eventually going to meet and get serious with someone and that person will be a large part of your child's life. Unless that person poses a direct threat to your child, there is really nothing you can do about it and all you are going to do is create complications if you raise any kind of stir about it!

    Answer by AmeliasMommy206 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • Honestly, as long as she is safe to be around your child, he is your ex so it is none of your business if they are getting serious or not. Why would you even want to know?
    And, as for him taking your child out of town without notifying you, check your custody agreement. It should outline in there exactly when he has to notify you of travel. But, in most instances they do not have to notify you unless they are going to be out of the state for more than 48 hours.
    If I were you, unless he had violated our custody agreement, I would leave it alone. I know it is hard to move on, but you can't move forward and hold on to the past at the same time. Quit worrying about what your ex is doing with his life, and get out and live yours!

    Answer by mommy11260 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • If it wasn't out of state there is probably nothing you can do.
    Flip it. If you had a new guy, how much would you want to tell your ex? How much does he really need to know about what's going on? You lost the right to know about his personal life as soon as you split, just like he lost the right to yours. Like the other ladies said, unless, your child gets hurt or is scared of the new woman in his life, stay out of it.

    Answer by van5 at 11:08 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
would you stay?

Next question overall (Pets)
Home made hamster/rat toys