• In the Spotlight:

Is it better to be proud of your mate or just be happy you have one?

For this question you have to pick one or the other. Not both. I think one is more important than the other.

One comes before the other.

OctoberOrganics

Asked by OctoberOrganics at 12:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• you should always be proud of your mate, to just be happy you have one is like settling for less than you deserve...
    Anonymous

• Being proud of your mate says that you love him and that you are thinking about all the wonderful things about him....being happy to have one is a selfish act with only thoughts of you your mate is nothing but an accessory. i cant even see how one would put the latter of the two as the most important
    Rysana

Answer by Rysana at 12:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• That's an odd question because I would think having pride and happy you have him go hand in hand. I'm enormously proud of my boyfriend - his intelligence, ethical beliefs, talent - and I'm glad I have him. I am so lucky!

Maybe you mean just being glad to have a man period. No...I would not want to have a man - any man. I have to feel pride and admiration of my partner (and I'd hope he'd feel that way about me too).
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Just be happy. Doesn't matter what other people think of him, only that we are good for and to each other.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• but if he is there for you when most people aren't, why would you not be happy with that? I am single and sometimes I would just be glad to be happy that someone was there. But my best friend pointed it out..it should be the right one, that makes YOU feel pretty, makes YOU feel good for who you are, JUST THE WAY YOU ARE...so even though I could probably find someone to be with me, just because...I want something better, you know?
    Lazarat

Answer by Lazarat at 9:42 AM on Oct. 10, 2008