Is the child your teacher knows the same child you know?

I'm always surprised to hear teachers talk about what DS is like, because the picture they paint of him is very different from what I see at home. Apparently at school he's quiet, hard working, and polite all the time, to the point they're surprised when he does act up. I want to know how I can bring that kid home once in a while, preferably when it's time for him to do his chores and study...

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 10:12 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in

• For the most part yes.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:13 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• either that or they sure like to paint a pretty picture for my sake. I always wonder why the boys aren't this nice when they are at home. Granted the teachers don't have to spend every waking moment with them and have alot of other kids and activities demanding their time. So the social situation is a bit different.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:13 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My daughter is the same at school and home. With the exception that she and her sister will argue at home but not at school... but I think that is because there are no longer other children to pre-occupy them, lol.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:15 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• daughter is better at school
    routine helps her A LOT

well, she is in daycare, we call it school, she is three with autism and the routine is great for her
    she will be in special three year old classes next week at another school and still in her daycare school part time

school is great for her, she has made great progress
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:18 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• yes
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• my daughter is a troublemaker at school. at home i keep her in line. she's hard head & needs to be watched & constantly told what to do.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 10:23 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I have the opposite issue. Mine is an angel at home and everywhere else except school. Then, he becomes the back talking monster.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:24 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yeah, from what his teachers have said in conferences and when I have spoken with them my son is pretty much the same both places.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:26 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I know what you mean. When my daughter started kindergarden last year she had a hard time, when she would get home I would try to do her homework with her but she would get frustrated and throw it away. She struggled most of the year and when I would go in to talk to the teach I would get GREAT reports on how she was the teacher's favorite. Always working hard and trying her best never showed any frustration like she did at home. My girl is GREAT and very sweet but I was just worried about her frustration and how she would stop trying. Her teacher was shocked and said that she never did that at school and she always talked to other people about my daughter being the best student ever. I was blown away, I think the teacher wanted to have me arrested for talking badly about her favorite student, LOL. Her teacher even had a special meeting with her new 1st grade teacher. How the K-teacher has my son, she is in trouble now, lol.
    armywife81803

Answer by armywife81803 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Sounds like you're doin somethin right...
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:36 AM on Aug. 25, 2010