What are some things that you have learn to put up with in marriage?

OctoberOrganics

Asked by OctoberOrganics at 12:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• His farting and snoring!!! lmao
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 12:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Not sure what you mean by "put up with" for me this being my second marriage, I have learned that those little things you hate, like the toilet seat up, the cap off the toothpaste, are just not worthy of a confrontation or fight. You must pick your battles, do not let the little things be the destruction of your relationship. Yes, picking up his dirty laundry every day might be a pain in the ass but is it worth fighting about? I am so sure that as women we do things too, that make our men crazy. I just decide which things are really worth the effort of an argument and the damage it might cause. When you put your mind to work and really think about it, what is harder, to recap the toothpaste, or to spend hours yelling and screaming about it day after day.
    Anonymous

• The hardest part of my marriage is the blending of the family, step children and our roles as step parents. Neither one of us have been step parents before and it's difficult, but it's worth it. And like anon said above you pick your battles...
    mars33me

Answer by mars33me at 12:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• that he doesn't bring in as much money then me at times but through no real fault of his own. his business has slowed down. when he doesn't work and he is here he kinda gets on my nerves but he is gone we seem stronger then ever.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• yes like the toilet up or urined on.. ewww makes me angry..lol..
    heavensent1174

Answer by heavensent1174 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i've learned to deal with the fact that HE is ALWAYS right (not really but he thinks that)
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I have learned that sometimes I can just let him be wrong and be quiet about it, I can just be right in my own head and not have to argue with him about it. I actually think I learned a lot from my first failed marriage about what to put up with and what not to put up with that helps me pick my battles this time around.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i have learned to just let him play his stupid games and deal w the fact he doesnt know how to clean up after him self!!! ahhhhh! i love him so tho
    Britt12-06

Answer by Britt12-06 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• THE IN LAWS !!!!!
    Anonymous

• My in-laws and knowing that I will never again be making decisions only for myself. I love my husband and he makes me very happy, but it is very disconcerting to realize that you no longer live life just for yourself. I can't run off and do any crazy thing I want anymore. He relies on me and will forever.
    Anonymous