Are you sick and tired of hearing everyone complain?

This is my life recently (and yes now I am the one complaining but jeez! lol)

I'M SICK!
I'M TIRED!
I'M FAT!
I NEED A JOB!
I NEED A SECOND JOB!
I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY!
I DON'T HAVE A CAR!
I NEED A BF/GF!
I DON'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS!
MY KIDS DRIVE ME NUTS!
I NEVER GET TO SEE MY KIDS!

Etc, etc etc

UGH! I am just so SICK of it! And sadly it isn't just people that know me! People seem to think I am the great soudning board for this information.

I TRY to be a good role model and to brighten their day, but they always have something else negative to say.... AAAAHHHH!

Where did positive thinking go?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 10:30 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well on the upside, people must view you as an open person who is a good listener, and maybe even a helper. Sometimes just venting helps and maybe they think you have some ideas they have not thought of. I know being the "go to" person gets weary, but this is your chance to step up and do good for others...nothing wrong with that!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:08 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It's tough.
    I tend to get a lot of people and friends coming to me about such things.
    It can get heavy at times.
    Almost too much.
    I try to fight the negative with positive, but at the end of the day we are human and can only take in so much.
    The bright side is..
    You must be wonderful to talk to :)
    That is a blessing!
    Hold onto that!
    Serendipitydoo

Answer by Serendipitydoo at 10:31 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Out the window with "entitlement" thinking! Some people honestly believe their "perfect" life should just be given to them on a silver plater with a silver spoon.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:33 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I love my life, I'm content with what I have, My husband is amazing, we're doing very well with the one income I have. I think I look dang good for having had 4 kids. My kids are AWESOME! No complaints here :) But yes, I hear it everywhere too, always someone complaining about something or everything. You only have 1 life to live, might as well be happy with what you have. The choices you make decide your own outcome.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 10:33 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I'm sorry you're going through all of that. That is a lot to deal with, and it would be easy to get irritable. Just try to hang in there. And trust me, I'm not in the greatest of moods either today. I cannot understand how it is possibly fair that I get up with my son EVERY morning before my husband does. I know you're sick of hearing complaining, but I had to say that to someone. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:33 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• wow sounds like my MIL
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:36 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Life is not easy, and this site is proof of it, everyone has their issues, and this forum is to let it all hang out just as you did. You take one day at a time and deal with it at a slow pace or else, your health will give way and then what? You deal with what has a solution and the rest will just have to wait, hugs to you!

Answer by older at 10:41 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Positivity went out the window with hard work, values, morals, true friendships, family values, understanding, acceptance, tolerence, and most importantly love. This country specifically is crumbling, because we're fighting one against the world as individuals. Instead of binding together and fighting the fight TOGETHER as one. The fight being financial, relationships, against other countries, jobs, family, whatever it is .. We're all one against the world and it should be all of us together as one.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:41 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Like sucks in so many ways sometimes, ya know... but.... I know that it could be worse, I have friends who lives have been riddle with tragedy and yet they find ways to laugh and smile.... No matter how bad things are peeps need to find the bright spot...well speck really, but its there.... I bitch and moan all the time.... I crack my friends up with my whining... I can find humor is just about anything... Sometime we all just need to stop taking it all sooo damn seriously... and laugh a little! The sun will come up tomorrow like always, take time to giggle like a two year old... really... it causes a chemical reaction in the brain to release happy feelings... really...  if not, here...

chocolate

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:44 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• People who don't have anyone who will listen to them at home will come here and seek help or sympathy ....BUT,when they start crying about having no money (even though they just got a new tattoo or a new piercing....) I get sick of that kind of whining. Know what I mean?
    I do feel sympathy for people with REAL problems,though. And they shoud be able to write about them here.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:49 AM on Aug. 25, 2010