How do you make lasagna?

I made lasagna a couple of nights ago for my family & friends. Boy I was embarrassed. One of my friends said it tasted like it came from a can. It didn't turn out with the layer look it was all watery - Yuck!
Any guidelines what to do next time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Buy a frozen one and pretend. That is the key to a great and cheap lasagna everyone will enjoy. Just be sure to hide the box.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:31 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• These are basic step by step instructions. Add meat if you like, just make sure it is WELL drained first.

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:32 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• LMAO @ Braden! Oh, come on... at least give her points for trying. Though, I am almost inclined to agree... my sister can burn spaghetti on a pot of boiling water!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:33 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I'm bad. I bought some freshly made lasagna at an Italian bistro and brought it home and put it in a nice pan, etc and everyone loved it and I'll admit I took the credit for it. Part of that was due to my having been volunteered to make lasagna for our little group I'm in and I not only don't like to just be volunteered but I didn't want to go to the trouble of making it and didn't want them knowing I didn't make the effort beyond paying for one. Bad I know
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:34 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It took me a while to get lasagna. I also don't use ricotta cheese. Make sure you drain your meat before adding it to the sauce. I always add extra salt, pepper, and garlic. Instead of ricotta I use a mix of sour cream, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella and a egg. My family loves it.

mommyfox03

Answer by mommyfox03 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• did you mix eggs in with the cheese mixture? Also, I nice garnish of chiffonade of basil really adds to the taste and appearance.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:04 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Your supposed to let it sit after you take it out of the oven, maybe for about 10 mins. I havent made lasagne in years because it is hard to make and time consuming.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 7:36 PM on Aug. 26, 2010