Have you read the UN report on Human Rights in the US?

The Obama administration has told the United Nations that America's human rights record is less than perfect but stressed that the U.S. political system has built-in safeguards that promote improvements.

In its first-ever report to the U.N. Human Rights Council on conditions in the United States, the State Department said Monday that some Americans, notably minorities, are still victims of discrimination. Despite success in reforming such inequities as slavery and the denial of women's right to vote, the department said, considerable progress is still needed.

"Although we have made great strides, work remains to meet our goal of ensuring equality before the law for all," it said.

The report noted that although the U.S. now has an African-American president and that women and Hispanics have won greater social and economic success, large segments of American society suffer from unfair policies and practices

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:35 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• WOW I can actually agree with him. Discrimination happens every day. My dh friend who is Hispanic is the only who has to clean the parking lot at his job. Boss says his kind is more suited for the duties.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:31 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• WOW, thats some ignorant BS right there

Yep I know and nothing can be done because his boss is a Hispanic. However he hates Hispanics and thinks he is white. How sad is that shit?
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Do I care what the anti US, UN has to say?

No, when you look at some of the countries on the human rights counsel of the UN it doesn't say to much for them.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:09 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

WOW, thats some ignorant BS right there

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i don't suppose you do care Carpy. By all means ignore the rest of the world, it must be irritating that it intrudes on your own little fiefdom.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 6:21 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes, because China has such a stellar record when it comes to human rights. Educate yourself before you spout your ignorance.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2010