Why do people hate people on reality shows...

I admit there are alot of reality shows I like ( especially the real housewives) ... and when I have some time every once in awhile I get on message boards to talk with other fans.... I see so many people complaining about anyone who is on a reality show is a "fame whore" or just looking for 15 minutes ( even though some of these shows lasts for years) , that they all need to be canceled..... well I mean wouldnt ANY person on tv be considered those things... alot of actors, are crappy actors but still get on crappy scripted shows and get a ton of money...and they are not called these things...

and of course that fact that there are so many people who actually go on these fan sites to complain about the show...... its like, if you dont like it, fine, but dont watch it everyday / every week and then say you hate it....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• uh cuz these people actually think they are famous or important than they really are?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:38 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• That is the whole point of the shows...it's fun to hate some of them. That is the ONLY reason some people are cast to play parts.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:38 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• A) because there is nothing real about it.

B) because some times its more fun to hate someone.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:41 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• When regular joe blows put themselves out there on a tv show, they are opening themselves up to be judged and etc.
    It's just what always happens...right or wrong.
    Serendipitydoo

Answer by Serendipitydoo at 10:42 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Perhaps they are jealous for some reason? They think they would be better in the situation, they want their "15 min" of fame, they want to be discovered or they're just negative people who need something to complain about?

I totally agree- if you hate it so much, why do you watch every episode?!?
    DiscoveryToysJS

Answer by DiscoveryToysJS at 10:42 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I don't watch any of them. I tried to watch the Real Housewives of New Jersey a while ago when they were having a "CAT fight" in a restaurant and I was so appalled and disgusted, I never watched again. I don't "hate" people on Reality shows....I dislike the Reality shows themselves because they think we are all too stupid to know that it is all planned and scripted. And substandard entertainment. I can't believe they are still on TV.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• People watch tv to be entertained. The ones who get labeled as famewhores are the ones who make the show not entertaining - usually because they whine and fight every aspect of the show they're expected to do. People who go on Survivor and whine about the living conditions, people who go on Project Runway or Top Chef and whine about the challenges. It's the difference between someone who goes on a show to win, and maybe get famous in the process, versus someone who goes on a show just to get famous, taking a spot away from someone who might actually give a damn. Same with the regular candid reality shows and people who go on them just to talk about how much they hate doing the show (or conversely, how the show is all about them even if they're not the only person on it).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I get all wrapped up in these things and take them more seriously than I should. I have to step back and realize that the ones we hate were actually "cast" to play that role. But I do find myself hating some of them, especially on Biggest Loser!" LOL!!!
    veggiemom726

Answer by veggiemom726 at 12:53 AM on Aug. 26, 2010