Confortis ( flea medication)

We have 2 small dogs who during the summer, got infested with fleas.... I heard alot of good things about the Confortis flea med. so we spent the $45 for the month ... and I was thrilled because the fleas were gone the next morning... but now 2 weeks later I am finding them ( I found about 7 live ones on the smallest dog yesterday) ...

I dont want to spend this much money a month if it isnt going to work for the full month ....

Are there any other meds that wont cost as much and work better ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Pets

• We have 3 dogs & use frontline plus, it's a little on the pricy side but we've never had flea problems while using it.
    We tried the cheap flea collars & the newer biospot & were VERY disappointed with both.
    DiscoveryToysJS

Answer by DiscoveryToysJS at 10:53 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Well it will kill the fleas on the dog, but if you have a house infested with them or eggs it stands to reason new ones will come! Treat your house as well as your pets and you should be fine.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:56 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Comfortis is great but you HAVE to treat your house too.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:09 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• That stuff freaks me out, I wouldn't use it. It's a chemical insecticide that your dog swallows... I don't care if it is FDA approved, doesn't sound like it could be healthy.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:15 AM on Aug. 26, 2010