Is it possible to get a legit work at home job?

twinmama2five

Asked by twinmama2five at 10:47 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Money & Work

• It is, depending on the type of job some employers may require some sort of certificate or qualifications. There are tons and tons of work from home job and/or businesses. Doing research is your best bet. Many moms on here do some sort of business or job. You juyst have to find something you like to do and see if you could do it from home. I searched for over a year and ended up starting a business because the jobs I found required me to do things that I didn't want to do. Good luck!
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 10:59 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes, but depends what you want to do I guess.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Very much so :-). http://www.wahm.com/ is a great website to look for both WAH jobs & businesses.  Just look around and do your research and be sure to ask lots of questions.

Have a Blessed Day :-)

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 11:02 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes, it's possible, but they are a lot more difficult to find than the traditional office job. A lot of women who work at home don't have jobs, they do freelance, direct sales or own their own businesses.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• There are many ways you can earn extra income from home. Get your mind set and focused on what you have to offer as an individual.
    Take some time to think about what you are good at. It may be writing, it may be teaching, cooking, organizing and so on.

When you have determined what your strength's are and what you are educated in you will get a better idea on what you will be able to offer to the companies that are looking for in home office employees. Do not fall for the get rich quick scams out there...

There are companies out there that will hire you to take customer service calls from your home office. Some of these companies are very large. You set your own hours and let them know when you will be available to take calls. Basically it is a virtual assistant type of deal. You do have to have knowledge in some of the categories that you would want to be of service for.

MasterMindMom

Answer by MasterMindMom at 11:41 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• it depends on what you want to do.. i work from home and have a job and business.. check out my journal on my profile "how i make money from home"
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I have two at home business's as well as work outside the home I am a consultant for The Gourmet Cupboard it's totally free to get started which is why I started with that one. If you follow the business plan there is no way NOT to make money I have a fundraiser going on with them right now that is over 800 people strong. It's exciting.
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 11:57 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Do you want a job or a business? I like doing my business because I can work as little or as much as I want, and don't have to answer to anyone. I am a senior demonstrator w/ Gold Canyon Candles and love every bit of what I do. Msg me if you would like any info.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I have some ideas and opportunties in my Blog:  Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:04 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• The ones that I know are Call Centers - look into that - it is usually for customer service or order taking. Personally I am planning to do medical billing from home. I already have experience and now it is just a matter of planning what software to use and what market to target, set the prices, etc.
    song888

Answer by song888 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 25, 2010