does birth control make women crazy ?

im on it and im not the same person.

camo_chick86

Asked by camo_chick86 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes, I think so. I could never tolerate the hormones. Too much variation for me. One day I hated people and felt like running them over with my car, the next I was crying all day, the next day, I felt fine. Watch birth control, especially is you are on other meds...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• OMGosh! Thank GOD -someone else too!! I thought I was the only one! I turned into a monster on BC.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 12:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• The last time i was on bc is when I was 16. It didn't go well at all. Moodswings, depression, sadness all came out of nowhere. As soon as my doc took me off the bc I was fine again. Then when I was 23 I tried again and same thing. I, for one, cannot take bc.
    Anonymous

• I relate. I only took it for 3 months and had to stop because I was enraged all of the time. I felt so angry and frustrated with everything. Then I would get depressed and then mad again. It made me feel like I was on the worst roller-coaster of my life. Just one week after getting off of it, I felt back to normal !
    TexasStyle

Answer by TexasStyle at 12:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• OMG!!! IS THAT WHY I AM SO EASILY P'D OFF BY PEOPLE??? ITS SO CRAZY. AND NOT TO MENTION THE WEIGHT GAIN AND BREAK OUTS. IVE BEEN ON IT FOR 2 YEARS NOW.
    Anonymous

• I was the most evil person on birth control pills. I always felt like I had PMS all month long. My DH even agrees, I was unbearable to live with! I stopped them and it took a while and I had my 7 yo then I was on the ring (which was better) back on the pill after a miscarriage (evil lurked again) then I got pregnant with my 14 mos old and now I got "fixed" and I'm happier! But yes, the pill changed me!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i heard it can make you gain weight
    Anonymous

• when I was on the low dose pill while I was breastfeeding I was a mess. I also heard noise like people were talking just out of hearing range. I thought I was going nuts. After I stopped taking the pill because it was giving me bad headaches, the noise stopped.
    Anonymous

• i wish the gaining weight was true cause i haven't and would like some. try using yaz. after my baby's birth i was an emotional wreck. tried yaz and it was a miracle at how good i felt after the use. after i got straight and felt myself again i stopped. well i wasn't anybody then so didn't need it for bc but to get my emotions in check. i swear by it. i love the yaz. it's different then most birth control.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• It made me unbearable to be around, my nerves were raw! I took myself off of them the day I yelled at my sweet little two year old , (for absolutely no reason) I still feel horrible about that almost two years to the day! My husband was elated to see me toss them, told me it was so nice to have his wife back!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 1:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2008