Help me not act like a little girl around guys.

Ok..so I'm dating again and I'm having the same problem I did when I was younger. I clam up and nothing will come out of my mouth. It's like I have a switch in my brain that goes off when a cute guy approaches me. What can i do to stop this? I feel confident, but why is this happening? Is it nerves or what? Please help or give me some ideas or exercises or something...this is getting embarrassing! I want to act like a grown woman!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• picture yourself talking to an ugly, chubby guy. then you wont feel so much pressure.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:54 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Just be yourself and relax, don't worry .....Good luck!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Don't think of every guy as a potential relationship. If you don't worry so much about what each conversation could turn into, there won't be so much pressure to say the right thing. Guys are just people too. Talk to guys like you would talk to another girl...maybe not about the same things but with the same expectations (or lack of in this case).

sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 11:00 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Sounds kind of like stage fright. Maybe if you practice a lot and face your fears, you will get better. I would go to a club and practice. LOL. That way if you say something dumb they will just write it off and think you were drunk and maybe they won't even remember what you said in the morning bc they were drunk too. Lol.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:20 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If your in club, just met him, ask him questions. Then the pressure is off you and you get info on him. If you are asked out on a date, he asks where you want to go/do. Then pick a place where you are the most comfortable. Coffee, museum, park. Maybe during the day when there is not as much perceived pressure for 'romance'. Good luck
    van5

Answer by van5 at 11:38 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i actually think some day some wonderful guy is going to think that is very charming of you and like to get to know you more. sometimes just being yourself is the best way to get a guy. i know it sounds corny to say that. otherwise you might just get a guy come up to you and one day he doesn't make you nervous and next thing you know your talking normal and you realize i'm not stumbling on my words. i think it's cute personality trait. i'm useless arent i. or at least my answer is. sorry.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:29 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• focus on fun and that's it..stop worrying about date #2 or the end of the date or what will happen 3 months from now. Just be present and focus on fun right now. Remember date #1 is the best time to F-up because you have nothing to lose! I always was like I'm gonna be me and have fun and that was that--I never had probs. getting guys.
    cattiesmom78

Answer by cattiesmom78 at 1:36 AM on Sep. 1, 2010