Would you step up?

If your kids went to public schools, and the school system said there was not enough money in the budget to pay for crossing gaurds and play ground monitors, would you volunteer your time...assuming you are at home during the day?

This is the case here, and on top of it, no buses for high school students, no freshman sports. If your child lives within 2 miles of the school or less, even kindergarten students, there is no transportation and they have to walk.

So, would you vouluteer so your kids could have outside recess and help others get to school safely? Or, would you do like the majority of inbreeds around here and just bitch about it?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 10:53 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would TOTALLY voluteer! I volunteer now at my daughter's Pre-k and I also work full time. :) I do what I can when I can. :) Heck, it menas a better life for my kids and someone else's. Why not?
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:54 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• *means
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:55 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I sure would.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:55 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yup!!
    Serendipitydoo

Answer by Serendipitydoo at 10:56 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Personally I think it would be another con for public schools & a pro for homeschool/ private school.

If public is the only option though I would try to volunteer as long as I was not one of the ONLY ones helping out & not spending all my time helping out the school system. If there was a person/ way to organize the parents & other volunteers and everyone showed up for their time slot then I think it would work.
    DiscoveryToysJS

Answer by DiscoveryToysJS at 10:57 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If I didn't work during school hours I would absolutely volunteer.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 10:57 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• yes i would cause i know i,m helping to keep children safe and just not mines,i would think any mother or father would step up to help the schools out.
    cmhorton275

Answer by cmhorton275 at 10:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I have a 2 year old at home with me all day so I probably couldnt volunteer but I would be looking for other school options if my school had that many issues.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 10:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If I didn't have to work full time, then yes I would.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 11:00 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I would love to volunteer my time to help my community. After all, that is supposed to be what community is all about!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:14 AM on Aug. 25, 2010