How far behind do you have to be?

How far behind do you have to be with a company like chrysler financial before they will repo your vehicle? I am like a month, and i just send the payment to day. I don't like to call them becuase they harrass me about making the next payment. Which if i had the money i would. And the last time i did a payment over the phone, they charge a $9.95 fee, that they didn't tell me about.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Money & Work

• I have been as much as 2 weeks late with no harassment. I believe that they usually wait about 2 months with no payment. I know that my bank usually tries to contact you, if you are a month late on 1 payment. I would think that they would try to contact you first. Is there an address that you can email them saying that your payment has been sent? I know a lot of companies allow you to notify them via the internet that your payment has been sent.

Best of Luck!
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Its usually 3 months without payment that they will send the repo guy after you.
    Anonymous

• It will say in your contract. It's almost always way more than 30 days. I got a car repo'd when I was much younger, I was over 6 months behind.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• i want to say about 3 months thats how long it was b4 they repoed my car it wasnt the same company but i think thats about the norm.
    puppet24

Answer by puppet24 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• My old Ford was repo'd after 2 months because the cosigner requested it. (My exFIL when ExDH and I split up)
    Kelly_n_Payton

Answer by Kelly_n_Payton at 1:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• I was 35 days late, got a demand letter to pay the total past due with in 1 week or they would repo. 2 days after the due date they came and took the car =(
    Anonymous