Do you "pay it forward?"

Do you? and when is the last time you did? What was done for you, and how did you pay it forward?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 10:55 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Honestly no one has ever done a thing for me but I pay it forward all the time. Recently i gave 5 cans of formula to a family in need for free. I'm giving all my old baby clothes to three different families with babies and not asking for a thing.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I like to buy coffee for the person behind me in line, or occasionally I'll see a mom struggling a couple dollars short on their order and just quietly pass the cashier the money.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I do it as much as I can. I give children's clothes to people I hear who need them. I give to the food bank all year round. Anything little thing I can do, I do.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 10:59 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• of course i do. i believe that karma rules the universe and of you dont then who will be there when you need the help? i loaned my neibor almost 100$ and watched her four year old daughter for a few days so she could go on a bus to california to get her 11 year old son whos father had just gone to jail. his father had always taken care of him and he was scared and she had no way to get there. and i jsut thought what if it was my kid? i would be begging for someone to help me out.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:59 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• probly should, but no I don't.
    Only reason being that the last few times I tried to be helpful with a total stranger I was responded to rudely or like I was a total idiot, so I dont bother anymore.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:00 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Zoeyis I am sorry to hear that. Please keep trying, I promise, eventually you will have your faith in humanity restored. No matter how small the deed, you are making your corner of the world a better place. For me, that is enough.
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• People have always been very helpful to myself and my family (back to when I was a child and my mom was raising me on her own - not by choice) so I was raised to "pay it forward". I have given all of my son's clothes to families in need, his bassinet and many baby items, I took a family that I heard needed the clothes a van full of clothes for their kids and they DID need it BAD! Poor babies. I always give my old items to goodwill and NEVER askf or a receipt because I don't see why I should have to have a tax write off to be generous? I try to do as much as I can as frequently as I can, but my most recent giving was a few days ago.

my friend and her husband have split up and she has not been at her old home in about a month nor has he. He has left her with no way to go so she has been having to bum rides (and the trip is about 30+ miles) to get to go feed her rabbits and cats. I have driven her quite a few times myself
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:05 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• but her ex does not care to check on the animals. Well, one of the rabbits was acting sickly the other day and her parents owuldn't allow her to bring them to their home, so she had to leave him at the old house and we can't have pets at our home (landlord's rules). Her ex went to the house, saw the rabbit was dead and left it there. So when she called me and asked for a ride (in tears) to go bury him, I went there first before getting her and buried him myself to keep her from having to be even more sad and see it.

She was so happy ir made my day to help her!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:07 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If I see someone in need and I can help, then I help. I think if everyone in the world were like this, the world would be so much better.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:13 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I do it as often as I can. Even if it's something small, like holding a door open or smiling at someone that looks like they need one. I donate all my kids outgrown clothes/toys to the Salvation Army and Goodwill, and donate to the food pantry several times throughout the year. We always buy presents for Toys of Tots as well.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2010