Does anyone have some fun ideas for a 9 yr old girl slumber party?

simplyme01

Asked by simplyme01 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• a nine yr old boy? j/k lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:05 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I have only boys, but was invited by one little girl to her slumber party, and had so much fun!! They did a "makeover party", and the mom went to the dollar store, and filled little make up bags with make up and nail polish for each girl. She had a "Dress Up Closet" with a variety of clothing for the girls to choose from, and feather Boa's, costume jewelry, shoes and evening bags. The girls did hair, make-up and nails with the help of adults that were there. Had before and after pictures taken, which were printed up on the computer and framed for the girls to take home. Then they had a little tea party with sandwiches, lemonade, and of course birthday cupcakes for dessert.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:06 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Awesome idea! I like the makeup bag idea, that woudl be like a cute 'gift bag' for them to take home. Thanks so much! Fashion show, makeup, hair, nails would be a blast!
    simplyme01

Comment by simplyme01 (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• For our daughter's 10th b-day, we did a scavenger hunt at our local mall. They each had a badge that said something like,"Official Member of Amber's Birthday Party" or something like that. Broke the girls off into teams each having an adult chaperon. Gave each of the teams a list of items such as a small bag from Sears, a 1/2 eaten french fry from anyone in the food court, the signature of one of the security guards etc. Then gave them a time limit to return to the meeting place with their stuff. The team with the most items on the list won a prize. They had a blast & the mall people they ask things of really played along & had fun too. My daughter is 25 now & she still talks about how fun her 10th b-day was.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 11:10 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• For my daughter's 8th birthday I made a whole bunch of cupcakes and bought all kinds of decorator icings, sprinkles, etc. and let the girls decorate their own cupcakes. They spent a lot of time on it and had a really good time!

Answer by missanc at 8:32 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• Anything that get's everybody active and involved is good! Young girls want to act like adults, my daughter's 9th birthday everybody dressed up and we did makeovers and a fashion parade!
    MegWorthington

Answer by MegWorthington at 9:58 AM on Aug. 26, 2010

• For my daughter's 10th birthday, we had a build-your-own ice cream sundae bar and did make-overs while watching movies.
    ihatetocook

Answer by ihatetocook at 5:00 PM on Aug. 27, 2010