Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

daughter and soon to ex son inlaw

my older daughter is soon to be divorced from a guy i wished shed never married. they hav two boys she finally got her own apartment with the boys. but he still wants to hangout with her. treats her apartment like its his. but the final straw fir me came when he left her without transportation. he has an extra car but because he couldnt hangout with her he took the car back. her with two boys. he wont help her get a another one even though he has the the means to help her. hes such a p----k

Answer Question

Asked by stressedoutgran at 11:00 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

Level 15 (2,324 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • Well you sound like one happy ex-MIL. I'm sure my MIL would be happy if I left her little boy too. :)

    Answer by Zoeyis at 11:01 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • She should ask for one of the cars in the divorce settlement. It's not going to look good on him if he left the mother of his children without anything to get the kids to school, doctors, store back and forth. Why the hell doe he need 2 cars.

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:02 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • He is a bum, did she ask for a car in the divorce? If she hasnt filed yet she needs to. I hope she stays away from him.

    Answer by okmommy08 at 11:02 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • I don't blame you for being upset, but this is your daughters fight. Hopefully all this will be addressed in the divorce agreement. Your daughter is going to have to find away to support herself and children because I don't think she can depend on her ex, and at the end of the day she is the one caring for the kids.


    Answer by RyansMom001 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • and your question is????

    Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • I understand how you feel, and it is your daughter's fight, I hope she has a good lawyer, she needs a lawyer to make sure that she is treated fairly in the divorce. If he makes more money, he may have to pay her attorney's fees as well.

    They are our babies forever, but all you can really do is try to be there to support her, and not contribute to the stress. Good Luck Mama

    Answer by ohwrite at 11:10 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • I don't have an adult daughter but I am one, and I have a daughter. I get that you are concerned and pissed. So maybe I shouldn't talk but I will anyway.
    I am divorced without the kids thing. It was hard and confusing. It was hard to let my ex go. I just wanted to talk to my mom. I didn't want my mom's two cents.
    Now,I get mad at my hubby, run to the phone, call my mommy and vent. Sometimes, most of the time, I am unfair and really one sided about what's going on. Maybe you don't have the WHOLE story from your daughter.
    As a daughter, I would say, love her, listen to her. Give her the gift of a great sounding board. She needs to figure this out for herself, so when she makes it thru (and she will) she can be proud of herself. HUGS

    Answer by van5 at 11:28 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • She needs to request a vehicle in the divorce. Yes, it can happen especially if he has the means.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 11:36 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

  • Just be glad she has taken steps in moving on with him and hope she stays on track in getting her life back with her kids. Try to help where you can.

    Answer by musicmom08 at 9:58 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.