What sippy's DONT LEAK?????

My son has been on a sippy cup since he was 6mon. I first bought the munchkin soft nipple sippys, they were great, until he chewed the nipple causing them to leak, not munchkins fault, my son's! So then I bought the hard nipple munchkins, they leaked on their own. Take note, when I introduced a bottle to him when I'd have to go to work, we used Avent bottles. They all leaked as well! I called the company and they sent me 10 bottles to replace mine that hadn't even reached the market yet, I loved them, they never leaked, yay!! But that was 13mon's ago! I've used the gerber sippys all kinds. I just bought 2 of the Learning Curve sippy's with the hard nipple and the adorable Toy Story characters all over, and a Nuby Flip N'Sip and that thing is cooler then my car! However, the juice sits at the top of the straw, he'll flip it shut n then it flips juice everywhere! Like a mini sprinkler, cant wait to take it out to a restaurant!

trijobaby

Asked by trijobaby at 11:09 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Kids should only drink water so it shouldn't be a big deal if a little comes out. The AAP recommends only 4 oz juice max a day in an open cup.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:12 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My son never had any leaky cups. but. that was a while ago. He also only got one while sitting and drinking properly. He didn't run around with one. Not saying your does...just I never had an issue with leaks.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:13 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Try the Playtex ones.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:16 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• We like the hard plastic ones from Playtex. They come in several colors and we never had a problem with leaking...not once. They are very durable too, but they don't have a soft top.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 11:16 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Ok there Gailll, This question was pertaining what sippys don't leak...point blank question. I don't need to be schooled on my child drinking only water and what not, thanks for the concern. My son was over 9lbs when he was born and as of right now, his pediatrition says that he is in the 90% for his age...so I'm doing the right thing. Oh, and the AAP isn't raising my child or doing the clean-ups...maybe the AAP can sit down next to us in a restaurant while my son flips "liquids" at them, lol, funny huh? I love it...don't comment to me about things I didn't ask for, thanks for trying :)
    trijobaby

Comment by trijobaby (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• We had the opposite problem for a while. We bought the cups marked "spill proof" and my daughter couldn't get any liquid out of them. Then she learned how to drink out of them and now she knows how to defeat the spill proof features. Still, the spill proofing worked for a while. We used the ones with a hard spout and the ones with straws.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Thanks HotMama330, yeah, we've got both right now. He won't let go of the straw one he loves it so much. The hard nipple sippy is working wonders right now fortunately! So thanks everyone :)
    trijobaby

Comment by trijobaby (original poster) at 12:25 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• same problem here with our 14 month old - we used the nuby ones with water (fortunately he loves to drink water) and he's chewed those spouts so they are not leakproof anymore and he loves to play with the spouts and sprinkle water everywhere. He still gets milk in the bottle because I'm afraid of giving him a cup and having him do the same thing with the milk. If you find something let me know sounds like we're in the same boat.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2010