If your only option was

To give gifts for the holidays to your children that were STRICTLY homemade...what would you give?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 11:13 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Holidays

• a blanket/quilt
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• That's a tough one. I guess I would make bath salts for my girls, and a blanket for my son or maybe a painting. And maybe a pillow with the Toronto Maple Leafs logo on it for my husband. Everyone else would get baking and candy.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 11:21 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• they'd be outta luck I guess, I'm not handy at all
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:24 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Homemade fingerpaints, playdough, blocks made from wood in the garage (we made some and painted them like houses and stores one year) for a girl if you have yarn, make a yarn braid, decorate it with ribbons, for her to put barrettes and hair accessories on. I sew and embroider, so I would use any fabric I had for blankets, pillow cases, totebags, pajamas, and Christmas outfits, depending on what I had available, also stuffed toys. Then of course I would bake their favorite holiday cookies.

Good Luck
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:27 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Thanks for the ideas ladies...this was a hypothetical question...I fortunately don't HAVE to make homemade gifts, but thought it would be interesting to see what others would do if in this situation. I think sometimes the homemade gifts are the best. I am making my brother and his wife a counted cross stitch sampler with the family name on it for his gift. I hope he likes it.
    salexander

Comment by salexander (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I have no idea. I'd have to start learning to make things and buy supplies. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 12:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I make Chistmas Balls and Goodie Baskets for the holidays. :)
    camsmom415

Answer by camsmom415 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• PJ's, blankets, quilts, curtains, pillows, play dough, I'd print out pictures off the internet & give them colors. or I would melt their broken colors together for something a bit different, stuffed animals,necklaces, earrings
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:27 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I'd sew them a quilt. Either out of old clothes they've grown out of, or just fabrics that really sumbolized them.
    We made a quitl for my sister when she got married that had colors that reprisented her. Then center of the fabric were white squares that we all drew on the symbolize her and her family with fabric markers. She absolutely loved it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2010