Do any cafemoms have their kids going to cyber school and if so, how is it working out?

In the state of Pennsylvania, pre K -12 can attend school "Online". Similar to taking college courses online. My 16 yo son expressed an interest & spoke with the principal & guidance counselor. They gave him the information. He also has a few friends he knows that are already doing the program. He spoke to them and they love it. Now he wants to try it & my husband won't even read the packet I printed off from the website with all the questions & answers!!! The websites are pacyber.org and palc.org . My son hates school & struggles with the pace. He feels with this method he can work on his own schedule and at his own pace. He can even work ahead. He said he can get a part time job & still do schooling.

naonip

Asked by naonip at 12:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• WOW, I never thought they could do this. I just checked out the website, it was really interesting, I wonder if there is anything like that here in NH. I just may have to go take a look. As for hubby, if he doesn't choose to be a part of a possible decision, then I say go ahead with out him. He doesn't have to pay a dime, actually it may save you money. I say look into it with your child, if you agree on it go ahead. I like the idea myself.

jennient3

Answer by jennient3 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2008