If you were dating a science geek and he told you the names of ten scientists, would you memorize their names without knowing anything about their life and discoveries?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• no,why would I?
    This is a weird question!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:17 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• id do some research on them, its good to show interest in what your date is interested in.
    Lakoia

Answer by Lakoia at 11:17 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I'd probably take the time to learn and thing or two about them. But then again, I wouldn't date a science geek unless I had that in common with him.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:17 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• No. While I would listen to what he was telling me, I probably wouldn't remember much about them.

It's good to take an interest in your SO's passions but SO shouldn't require that you share that same passion.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• If science was something we have in common then yes but other wise why would I even care to remember it
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:19 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• No but I would look them up to see what they contributed to science

Answer by admckenzie at 11:19 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Um no.. I wouldn't show interest at all.. I'm not into that stuff.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:20 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• No. My DH has told me eight million times what the HDMI cable he wanted was for, and I can't tell you why we needed it. That's ok. I've explained to him the difference between pancetta and bacon eighty times too.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:20 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Nope. My SO talks computers, I listen and have yet to retain. I talk baby/parenting stuff, he has yet to retain. That's us.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:27 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I think I just find out what their backgrounds were a little just to make small talk later on. But not I wouldn't go out of my way to memorize their names.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:51 AM on Sep. 3, 2010