my 5 year old knows how babies come out is that bad?

I like watching a baby story. They show girls having babies I mean they don't show everything just the baby and the mom pushing. But yesterday she told my mom her barbie was having a baby (she had her legs up and everything). My mom was like how do you know where babies come from? She told her from the tv and she told my mom that you have to take off your underwear and put your legs up. For one I don't even know how she knows you take off your underwear because it doesn't show that part. Maybe because she just figured it out I don't know. I didn't even think she paid attention to the show when I watch it, but I guess she does. Is this bad that my 5 year old knows?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• no,at least she learned from a legit source.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• no, why hide something perfectly natural esp if he understand it, then great. At what point are we supposed to know? When we're old enough to make them ourselves? Thats too late imho
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:19 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I don't think so. My daughter, who is seven now, was the same way at her age. I think it's only natural for a little girl to know that women have babies.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 11:19 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I am with butterfly

There is nothing wrong with knowing what really happens. It beats finding out incorrect info and having to tell her how it truely happens.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Of course it's not bad. You should be talking to her about it. 

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:20 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Why would it be bad. It's actually good that she knows...she is 5 she should be having age appropriate talks for a year or two already and now the door is open to let her know more as she is ready to know it. Having babies is a natural beautiful thing and not something to be shameful and quiet about. It may help her be confident as a girl to know.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:20 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Sounds good. Next she'll be asking how they got in there. My kids know where they come from but, they haven't asked how they get in there. I suppose they will be wondering pretty soon. Just don't ask shy or embarrassed when your telling her the facts of life because you don't want her to learn from her friends.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:23 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Nothing wrong with her knowing - although I think you should talk to her about it next time you watch. Ask her if she wants to ask you anything about it. She should be getting her info from YOU not TV! :D My boys 3 and 4 years know. We talked about it when I was pregnant.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:29 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• its not too bad, if you want to scare her from it then you could always show her an anatomy book ^_-

a friend of mine had a child who kept asking where babies come from, so she opened a health book with diagrams and started to explain. the Child found it so boring and a bit creepy that he lost all interest.

Lakoia

Answer by Lakoia at 11:31 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Of course not, she is a bright little girl!

Answer by older at 11:34 AM on Aug. 25, 2010