How much TV does your 2 year old watch?

Mine was watching PBS in the morning till 11:30 but just off and on as he played. And then nickjr if I was going to go nuts or if I needed to make dinner or whatever. But he just picked TV over playing outside! So it's time to cut way back!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son didn't watch any unitl he was 2 - you couldn't get him to watch it if you tried, not at almost 3, he will pick TV over going outside too and we said the same thing, at first it was a little in the morning while he ate then it was on for background noise and he got one cartoon before bed to calm him - now he seems to NEED it and we hate it... we just realized that too last week so we are going to make sure its cut way back too...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:23 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• not much, they dont know what they are looking at
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:23 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• When my grandson is at my house the tv is off. Sometimes if I'm tired we will sit in the recliner and watch America's Funniest Home Videos. I watch him for 12 hours every other day.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:23 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Sure they know what they are looking at.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:24 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• She has to watch Lady and the Tramp 2 everyday. Every week it's a different Disney movie. She just about has them all memorized. Other than that, the TV is on most of the time but she's playing and it's more for noise.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:24 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• We always had it on, but, he never really sat and watched unless it was a movie. He always chose outside over TV and he never had any limits set.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:24 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Mine just watches it on and off in the morning and then maybe for an hour in the evening..but Samuel would rather go outside if given the choice than watch TV all day.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 11:24 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• mine dosent wat it at all, its was just on when ever he played in the living room, but he never really watched it unless people started singing. So i just turned it offf and we go to a park or something. if your worried about too much tv time, then just have tv time right before dinner or before lunch, and that's it. so you can cook and hes out of the kitchen.
    Lakoia

Answer by Lakoia at 11:26 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Mine doesnt wanna watch tv either, she just wants to play! She will watch tv for a few minutes maybe..if spongebob is on lol but then she is done..like 3 minutes of watching t soo idk...now my 4 year old will watch tv all day long if i would let him
    Brittney20

Answer by Brittney20 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Mine watches a couple hours every day of educational PBS programs in the morning. She eats breakfast while it's on then runs around and dances to the music. After they're over, we get the toys out and she plays for the rest of the day.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2010