What is the motive behind Beck's Rally in Washington, on the steps of the lincoln Memorial where the "I have a dream speech" was given.

Do people find this isenitive? Maybe they should move it 2 blocks away to consider peoples feelings. Do you think he is exploiting the civil rights movements?

mommom2000

Asked by mommom2000 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• To sell books

and maybe win back some sponsors

to wait for the Haley Bop comet to take himself and his followers away....

I think him asking Ted Nugent to be there speaks for itself....they minaswell SPIN on MLK'S grave....DISGUSTING and DISRESPECTFUL...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:47 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I think if any of you have ever listened to Glen Beck I think you might have a different opinion. I used to be a total liberal until I opened up my mind and saw things for the way they really are. Glen Beck is a pretty decent guy, he has actually done multiple shows on the history of our founding fathers, and blacks, entire shows have been dedicated to showing how blacks were part of creating this country, some of our founding fathers were black. The signs you have pictured are from some people, not what is urged to happen, looking on the site for the rally it even says in things for people NOT to bring
    • NO signs (political or otherwise) as they may deter from the peaceful message we are bringing to Washington.
    He is doing it on that date because he respects MLK, and he wants our country to fight for what Martin luther king fought for, not where our country is going (cont)
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 1:51 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It's a public place. He, constitutionally has a right to assemble and speak. You have a right to not participate or watch. By asking questions like these you are only drawing more attention to him. Which seems rather counter productive for liberals who "claim" to not care about him. Hrmmmmmm ;)
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:09 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It was not coinsedince that he is holding the rally where it is and when it is, he has said that is why he is doing it then. I believe that he holds many of the same values that MLK was preaching, he is doing it to make a point. He feels like he is pushing for the same thing that MLK was, and is honoring him. Now dont get me wrong, I do think that if he wants to make a point it might be more helpful to do it elsewhere, because it will stir things up, but maybe thats what he wants, to stir things up and make people step up and think about what they want in this country, instead of just following what others say.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 1:57 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• How is he exploiting it? Isn't the Lincoln Memorial a public place open to all?
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 11:39 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I get what you are saying.Mom....maybe its too subtle. LOL.
    Beck probably doesn't remember. He ,himself, admits that he spent many years drugged up, unaware and unconscious before he decided to clean up his act and join the Mormon church. Maybe he fried his brain and lost sections of his memory?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It's one day after the anniversary in the same place. Do you think this was an accident?

Comment by mommom2000 (original
    **************
    I don't think it was. He is a snake oil salesman, a fraud and an actor.....example, his fake tears.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Glenn Beck likes sensationalism. He will do what it takes to get attention. Insensitive, maybe, depends what he says at the rally. Either way, I hope it is a flop so he can be caught lying about how many people came. lol
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Well I went and looked into the web site. Cause I honestly don't know what it is about and I will not speculate.

Throughout history America has seen many great leaders and noteworthy citizens change her course. It is through their personal virtues and by their example that we are able to live as a free people. On August 28, come celebrate America by honoring our heroes, our heritage and our future.

Join the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin and many more for this non-political event that pays tribute to America’s service personnel and other upstanding citizens who embody our nation’s founding principles of integrity, truth and honor.

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:58 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Sounds like a good thing. I personally see nothing offensive with honoring Americas heroes. I think you just have your knickers in a knot.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 25, 2010