How to make small talk when dating?

Ok...I know it may sound like common sense to most, but I'm TERRIBLE at making small talk. I can't think of how to start a conversation or what to even talk about. I end up just standing there looking like an idiot. I know men are looking at me like...um...aren't you going to say something?

I am starting to date again and really don't want to make a fool of myself. I'm being myself (wouldn't dream of acting like anyone different), but I get all tongue twisted. What do you talk about? Do you have a certain thing you always ask or talk about when meeting a new man? Can you teach me? Please! LOL!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Read more.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:41 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Men like to talk about sports; their jobs; hobbies and so forth.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• i would say that if your comfortable with the person than talking should come easy. if you have nothing in common than small talk will be forced and awkward. just relax and don't worry if you make a fool of yourself. remember he's probably as nervous as you are. good luck and just have fun.
    tanper29

Answer by tanper29 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Just relax, be yourself, and talk about things you enjoy.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 1:56 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I was told that men like to talk about themselves, so if you ask a few questions about them (not like an inquisition or anything) he'll do most of the talking! lol GL
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:11 AM on Aug. 26, 2010