Can being overweight cause me to miss my period/ be 12 days late???

I am 12 days late. I haven't really been stressed out. So, could I possibly be pregnant? I am very overweight and I worry that it is causing me to miss my period. Can being overweight cause me to miss my period/ be this late???

ewaite25

Asked by ewaite25 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I hate when people say.. so why dont you pee on the keyboard!! its soo rude.. and mean... waiting and wondering and being worried on weather or not your pregnant is a scary stressful thing and this is wonderful website that moms come to for support and advise.. i hate when people are not very nice and little smart butts! sorry if that wasnt your intentions Obby! But anyhoo im also over weight and iasked my doc about it and she said that if u have been at the same weight for a while and ur period goes ..there might be another reason for you not having a period but if you have recently gain like a few pounds or if you have lost! that could be the reason why good luck!
    SammiGirl07

Answer by SammiGirl07 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes being over weight can threw off your period or not ovulate. If you are worried take a test and find out. Good luck.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:42 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It could be either.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:45 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I don't think just being overweight can make your period late. Being too thin can make you have irregular periods or not have periods. Estrogen is stored in fat and thin women may not have enough body fat.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:46 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I don't know if you're pregnant, why don't you pee on the keyboard so I can tell...

Seriously, the only way to know for sure is to take a test.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:44 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Thank you Gailll I find your information useful!!! I guess I will buy the test today!!!! I really hope I am!!!!! We have been trying for about 18 months now, so would be really great!!!!
    ewaite25

Comment by ewaite25 (original poster) at 11:48 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I know that most of the time if a woman starts to loose weight they have a better chance of getting pregnant so have you lost any of maintained the same weight? But obviously there must be a reason for you thinking you might be pregnant so take a deep breath buy a test and check it out. I personally always have to pee in a cup then stick the test in bc i cant seem to angle those thingys right and they can provide false readings if not taking correctly. good luck chicka

lolo0636

Answer by lolo0636 at 12:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2010