Why is it so complicated for some women to understand?

That if you intend to breastfeed, and you give the baby formula, your supply will drop, and you're setting yourself up for failure.... *sigh*

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 11:47 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Wow, you all failed to understand this question...

She is talking about the "I don't seem to have enough milk what do I do?" people. The answer, stop giving them the damn formula.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Because it just isn't true! I supplemented with formula with my oldest and my supply NEVER dropped... He nursed until I simply couldn't do it any more. I didn't fail, in fact I nursed longer than I planned to.

What I don't understand is why it's so hard for some women to understand that how someone else chooses to feed their baby is none of their damn business!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• matthews....what's convenient for you isn't always convenient for everyone else.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:07 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It is not hard to understand they just it to be convenient for them...wink mini

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:59 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• true
    Patti L.

Answer by Patti L. at 12:14 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• As much as I hate to say it since im anti-formula (lol)...
    The first 2 weeks after dd was born I would give her 1 (1-2oz) formula feeding a night to give my boobs a rest. Learning to breastfeed was not easy & that 1 small break a day helped out a ton!
    I hated fixing the formula & didnt like giving it to her (felt bad for doing it) that i didnt do it too long, but we went on to nurse for 20mo.

I most likely wont give any formula to next baby, but if i need to to get through the beginning then so be it. Id rather my baby get a little formula once a day, or every few days then give up all together because of the stress/pain..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:31 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Thank you braden... at least someone doesn't have their head up their ass. damn.
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• BTW to all of the others with obvious formula guilt- I wasn't downing your decision... seems only ONE person actually understood what I was saying.
    ObbyDobbie

Comment by ObbyDobbie (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Aug. 25, 2010