pregnant and confused adult content

Can you get pregnant without having a period. I am really confused I was on depo i got first shot in Feb 2010 and was due for my next shot May 28 I did not get due to horrible side effects. I bleed for 2 months straight I stopped bleeding on may 21. I have not had a period since. I took a preg test 3 weeks ago and was neg. I took one this past Sat and was positive. I went to a clinic and had a ultrasound (Not by a tech) and there was nothing that they could see. I am according to my last period almost 14 weeks and should clearly be able to see the baby. So I am assuming i am not that far along. anyone with any help please write back. thanks

heidik1982

Asked by heidik1982 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's possible that you aren't 14 weeks along and just a few weeks. After bleeding for 2 months straight your body could have been "recovering" and it is possible that it got back on track last month or so. That would explain the negative result 3 weeks ago, and the positive result last Saturday, which would also explain the tech not seeing anything yet.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:52 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• A positive test means almost for certain you are pregnant or have this other condition that causes a positive test. How can you have an ultrasound not by a tech? You may not be as far along as you think since you don't know for sure when you ovulated. The test 3 weeks ago was neg so you may not be far far along all, maybe 6 weeks. You could have a blood pregnancy test.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:55 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Oh, "not by a tech", so who gave you an ultrasound?
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:56 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It was a nurse at a counsling center for pregnant women. They dont give them for any medical reasons. She was just trying to see how far along I am. I made an appt with my dr today at 1 so hopefully she will order an ultrasound and a blood test. Thanks for the comments and I will let you know what she says I am just a worried and wanted some advice.
    heidik1982

Comment by heidik1982 (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• You are not suppose to get pregnant while you are on the shot, but I have met people who have. If you are off the shot your body has to re adjust and get back into regular cycles. I have never been on depo, but I would guess that depending on how long you are on it the medicine may be in your system. But every woman is different. I would wait a couple of weeks before retaking another test.
    Laura H.

Answer by Laura H. at 12:19 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• You can be pregnant or it could be a false positive. I would suggest going to the doctor and getting blood work done to see if you are pregnant
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 1:36 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Go to a free clinic if you are going to post a question like this.
    I mean really.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 5:44 PM on Aug. 26, 2010

• uh yeah to the last person that posted on here i have a dr and if you would have read you could clearly see that i had an appt i was just worried and wanted to ask for some advice you dont have to be rude thanks
    heidik1982

Comment by heidik1982 (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Aug. 26, 2010