Consulting with Dr. sperm, in virtro semination will be easy on his part but they are concerned about me!!

I have not ever had regular periods and way back then I partied like a rockstar, (just call me a mega rockstar). When my soon to be husband went for his physical and talked with his urologist the urologist told him that it would not be difficult to recover sperm from my boyfriend. The biggest concern would be me. In virto really relies on me being healthy. He asked him about my periods and if i have used drugs in the past. Hello, I am a rockstar!! What does the Dr. mean by this? Yes I have used drugs, lots of drugs in the past. I never thought that it would effect my chances to conceive. So we have an appt with the Dr. in a couple months but I am just going crazy! You play you pay I guess, do you know what the Dr. is talking about? Do you know of any websites that can help me along this process?...I'm really going nuts thinking about this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Women are born with all they eggs they'll ever have (unlike men who make 1,000,000s of sperm a day). "Damage" can be done to your eggs when you "damage" other parts of your body with drugs (not judging I did some stupid stuff in my day). If your periods are irregular you don't ovulate as regular so it may be harder to conceive.
    bdano

Answer by bdano at 12:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2008

• Is Ivf very expensive? And could be in the same boat you are in .I have 3 kids ,from my first marriage. Myself and my soon to be 2nd husband want to have kids. Trouble is, my tubes were tie . I did some things I shouldn't have,I wonder if It could cause us some problems ,when we try to conceive?
    ferferlovey

Answer by ferferlovey at 5:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2008