Daughter obsessed with drawing, writing, marking on anything...the problem is...

SHE'S 18 Months old. I give her a PEN...she writes on the paper and then writes all over herself. I give her a CRAYON...she draws with it and then EATS it.I give her a PENCIL..she scibbles a beautiful picture and then sticks pencil in her belly button. No, I havent given her a marker and no, I wouldnt dare,lol.
SIGH.
So...maybe she'll be a famous body art artist one day...or the first person to invent a tasy edible crayon made to be eaten after use...or maybe she'll...oh shoot...trying to figure out somethign positive about sticking a pencil in your belly button is a hard one to come up with! LMBO!
Just venting about my recent morning Wo's...guess it could be worse.
You got any for today??

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 11:51 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• at least she isn't using a permanent marker on the walls like my daughter did...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Nope Not today

Although you should try the color wonder stuff. It leaves less of a mess. =)
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 11:53 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• maybe you should give her those markers that run off water, so all she can color on is the special paper. it wont show up on skin so she'll probably loose interest in it. Or you could take her outside and let her play with chalk, that's barely noticeable on skin so again she'd probably stop.

My son wont even color he just wants to eat the item. so be thankful she at least knows it makes things pretty.
    Lakoia

Answer by Lakoia at 11:53 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My daughter use to poop colors after "playing" with her crayons. lol But I have had nothing eventful today thus far.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:54 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• I'm sorry mom, but I'd give her a marker over a pen or pencil. JS
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:54 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Same thing happens with our toddler. Finally, we took all the crayons away and said we'd try again in a few months when she might understand better that you only color on paper.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:06 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• thanks- it was years ago- she is 16 now!

heh
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• the funny thing is that in our last house- we gave her washable markers and let her write on her walls- she just had a rule not to write on the doors, trim, or cieling!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:37 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• HAHA! Charlotsomtimes...Aubrey DID get hold of one of my sons school sharpies yesturday...I caught her just as she pulled the lid off...my heart dropped! LOL I grabbed it from her and put it on top the fridge. Thats all I need ..permanant sharpies marker all over my walls and hardwood floors. Oh boy. I'm thinking maybe we'll try some water color painting today..that stuff is washable, right? Since I don't have any of those color wonder things or whatever they are called,lol.
    Oh yeah...try some nail polish remover on that, maybe it will help to get it off..if you havent be able to already...
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Oh wow...well...I guess the "markings" they leave behind as a trail of childhood doesnt let us moms that have had to clean up after them forget any of that kind of stuff!! Its tramatic to us! LOL
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Aug. 25, 2010