Anyone's kids ever gone from LOVING to take a bath to absolutely HATING it?

Since my daughter was born, she's loved taking baths. But a few weeks ago, she just started screaming every time at the mention of a bath! My husband said that maybe she finally put two and two together and realized that bath time means bed time is shortly after. But she doesn't always go to bed right after getting a bath. I'm just a little confused. She actually fights you to get a bath! It's crazy.

poptart0325

Asked by poptart0325 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We've been thru that phase a couple of times, and I hear it's quite common. We try to find the source of the anxiety (usually shampoo) and work with her to really close her eyes and participate in the rinsing. Patience is key.

It will pass.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:10 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• One of my twins did that, they both loved bath time then one week Emma screamed every time she had to take a bath. It only lasted about a week and she was over it. Sometimes it's just something they go through.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 11:57 AM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Mine has been going through that stage, too. She used to love splashing in the tub. Well, a few weeks ago, when reaching for a toy, she slid. I caught her before she hit her head, but since that time, she refuses to sit down in the tub. Then every time I wash her hair, she starts crying and gets upset. I'm hoping this phases passes soon.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:00 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• Yes. It's very frustrating so now his baths are as quick as possible. We just bought a bubble blower that has a suction cup to put on the tub wall. We're hoping that helps but if not well... the quick baths will continue. LOL!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 12:04 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My daughter used to love the water and then outta no where she started screaming like the water was hurting her or she was scared of it. I think its just one of those stages kids go through, she eventually went back to being a lil water baby and loves swimming now. Hang in there its a stage have you ever though about maybe a shower either with you or with you helping her. That helped with my daughter.
    lolo0636

Answer by lolo0636 at 12:06 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My daughter who is 13 months loved taking baths. But now, every time
    I give her one, she cries and tries to get out.
    lbjd457

Answer by lbjd457 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• My daughter went through this at about 13 months which was also around the time I started putting her right in the regular tub instead of in her baby tub...she enjoyed the big tub for a little while but then suddenly seemed afraid of it so I brought her baby tub back out and set it in the big tub and now she doesn't cry when she's in the tub - she cries when I take her out!! I think she just likes the confined feeling of the smaller tub better...good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:32 PM on Aug. 25, 2010

• It's really weird because she loves being in the pool and playing in her sprinkler. She hasn't had any traumatizing events, like slipping and falling. I've tried showering with her and she threw a fit just as much as she does when taking a bath alone. I hope it passes soon.
    poptart0325

Comment by poptart0325 (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Aug. 25, 2010